How do I setup and use the soft token on my mobile?
Please follow the steps below:
Installing the Soft TokenStep 1
Please go to App Store or Google Play to download and install the Soft Token app named "HID Approve"
- To activate your Soft Token, please log onto MCB Internet Banking
- Go to the "Services" tab
- Click on "Activate/Deactivate Token" and follow the instructions
Using the Soft TokenFrom now onwards, to authorize transactions, you will be requested to insert a 'Secure Code' which is obtained by following the steps below.
- Please open your "HID Approve" app.
- Click on the "Challenge-Response" icon at the bottom right of you screen.
- Key in the "Challenge Number" from your transaction screen and tap the screen afterwards to generate a new "Secure Code".
- Enter the password you recorded at registration of the "HID Approve" app.
- A "Secure Code" will appear on your screen.
- Copy the "Secure Code" back on your transaction window.
- Click the "Authorise" button
- For new token users, a one-time password (OTP) shall be required to authorise the soft token installation on your mobile; The OTP shall be generated and sent to the mobile number provided at the time of registration and should be used within a period of 10 minutes.
- When authorising transactions and entering the “Challenge-Response�?, only 3 attempts shall be allowed. If this number of wrong attempts is exceeded, an error message shall be displayed on Internet Banking regarding the failed authentication. You shall then have to contact the Bank.