Anyone over 18 years old with a personal MCB Current or Savings Account and registered to Juice can send money via Visa Direct.
All you need is the Visa Debit or Credit or Reloadable Prepaid card number (16 or 19-digit) along with the beneficiary’s name. You don’t need other details such as the expiry date or the CVV number (3 digit security code) and should not ask the recipient to disclose this information.
For every Visa Direct transaction where a currency conversion is involved, the prevailing exchange rate can be accessed before you confirm and finalise the transaction.
No. Once a Visa Direct transaction is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled or modified.
In order to take advantage of the Visa Direct service, the recipient’s card must be eligible to receive these transactions. Most Visa Debit card, Visa Credit card or Visa Reloadable Prepaid cards around the world are eligible. However, certain countries and financial institutions may choose not to accept these transactions due to local regulatory or other restrictions.
a. Money sent to a Visa Debit card
- All Visa debit cards are linked to a bank account. Money transferred to a Visa Debit Card will be available in the cardholder’s bank account to which the Visa debit card is linked. The recipient can either withdraw money from an ATM or use his/her card to make purchases as they would normally use their Visa debit card.
b. Money sent to a Visa credit card
- Money transferred to a recipient’s Visa credit card will appear as a credit balance on the card or will pay down the balance payable on the credit card. Recipients can either use their Visa credit cards at merchant point of sales and for online transactions or to withdraw funds from an ATM in the form of a cash advance. Note: Cash advance fees or interest charges may apply as applicable on credit cards.
c. Money sent to a reloadable Visa prepaid card
- Money transferred to a reloadable Visa prepaid card will be available as additional funds available for use at merchant point of sales, online transactions or ATM withdrawals.
The money is usually available within 48 hours of the transfer. If the recipient’s card issuing bank has enabled Fast Funds service offered by Visa, the money can be received within 30 minutes.
If the recipient hasn’t received his funds within 48 hours of the transfer, please contact our customer service +230 202 5010.
The transaction fees and charges are incurred by the sender and are as follows:
- Domestic transfer to other local banks’ Visa card: Rs 20 per transfer
- Foreign transfer to international banks’ Visa card: Rs 200 per transfer
- Prevailing conversion rates applicable
- Login to Juice using your 4-digit code (mPIN)
- On the home screen, in the ‘Accounts’ module, select the account from which the transfer has been done
Yes, it is absolutely safe. The 16-digit Visa Card number cannot be used for anything other than sending money. However, you should never ask for the CVV number and/or the Expiry Date on the recipient’s card.