Our authentication system provides you with an additional layer of protection, when you shop online with your card at secured merchants.
- It’s free
- It’s available for all your MCB cards*
- A unique one-time password (OTP) is sent to you for each of your transactions
* For your debit card, prior to shopping online, you must activate its ‘Online transactions’ feature on MCB Juice. You can deactivate this option whenever you wish.
How does it work?
Please follow the steps below when shopping online at a participating merchant:
- Enter your card details at the payment stage
An OTP will be sent to your mobile number or email address registered with us.
- Enter the OTP to validate your purchase
- Enter your User ID to authenticate yourself
Your User ID is available on MCB Juice in the 'Cards' section.
Note: For additional security, you may be asked to provide your card security code or CVV. For MCB American Express® Cards, this is the 4-digit code printed on the front, and for all other MCB cards, this is the 3-digit number printed on the signature panel on the back.
Tips when transacting online
- Keep your anti-virus software up to date.
- If you are using a public computer, please do not leave it unattended. Log out from any account you log have accessed and do not save any detail.
- Verify that the amount of your transaction is correct when you receive the confirmation SMS from MCB CARDS once your transaction has been approved.
- You can also view your transactions on MCB Juice or Internet Banking instead of waiting for your statement at the end of the month.
- If you don’t recognise a transaction, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 202 6060.
- Keep all electronic receipts or email confirmations for your online purchases, which are important pieces of evidence in case a dispute arises.
- Prior to confirming a payment, make sure that you have read and fully understood the ‘Terms & Conditions’ linked to the payment.