How does MCB Secure work?
Your online security is important to us. Our credit cards and pre-paid cards come with MCB Secure, a free online service that delivers safe and hassle-free online shopping at participating merchants.
When you shop online at a participating merchant, an MCB-branded window will pop up requiring authentication with your MCB Internet Banking USER ID. After successful authentication, you will receive the SecureCode and/or Verified by Visa in the form of a One-Time Password via SMS to the mobile number you registered beforehand. You can then complete your transaction by inserting the received password. If you do not register your credit card, you will not be able to shop online at participating merchants, so register today – MCB Secure is free.
For each transaction and for even better security, you’ll receive a different One-Time Password (OTP), valid for only one transaction, via SMS.
- Free online security service
- Available with all MCB cards at participating merchants
- Unique once-off password with each transaction
- Receive different passwords for each transaction via SMS
Tips when shopping online
- When shopping online, look for a locked padlock icon in the toolbar and ‘https’ in a website’s address
- Keep your anti-virus software up to date
- If you’re using a public computer, avoid entering any private information like your credit card details as some hackers may have installed malware to record your personal details
- Make sure you don’t leave the computer unattended, log out of any accounts you log in to and decline to save any details
- Don’t wait for your statement to come at the end of the month to keep a check on your transactions. You can access your credit card accounts anytime via Internet Banking or Juice
What are the benefits of MCB Secure?
- Your password is only valid for a maximum period of 5 minutes, preventing fraud or unauthorised use
- There’s no need to remember passwords as you will receive different passwords for each transaction via SMS
- You will use MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa or One-Time Password at participating merchants only
- You will see the SecureCode and/or Verified by Visa logo, and a pop-up window from MCB will prompt you to provide the code or password to complete the online purchase