To validate your transaction when checking out at 3D secure merchants, you will be required to input your MCB UserID and a One-Time Password (OTP) (unique for each online transaction) sent to your registered mobile phone number.
For that purpose, when the online purchase feature will have been activated on your card for the first time, we will register the card on the MCB Secure platform within 24 hours. Once this is done, you will receive a confirmation SMS from us.
Your UserID is your MCB Customer Number, which is also the number you use to access Internet Banking (IB).
The first time your card is activated for the online purchase feature, we will send you a confirmation SMS along with your UserID.
Otherwise, you may also obtain your UserID on Juice.
On the app:
- go to the Cards module
- select the debit card (on which the online purchase feature was activated)
- the UserID will be displayed above the online purchase feature transactions header
- If you are a Juice user, simply log onto your app and check whether the online purchase feature is unlocked or not
- If you are not registered to Juice, you may:
- download the JuiceByMCB app from PlayStore (Android) or AppStore (iPhone) and install it on your smartphone. Once this is done, you will be able to activate the online purchase feature through the app
However, if you have lost your card or if it has been stolen, the bank will replace it with a new one bearing a new card number. In this case, you will have to unlock the online purchase feature on your new card if you wish to use it for online transactions.
- Your card can be temporarily locked :
- through Juice
- by calling us on +230 2026060 (lines are open 24/7)
3D Secure provides an added layer of security by prompting you for a One-Time Password (OTP) when you make an online purchase. This helps to protect you against online fraud by verifying that the person making the online purchase is the rightful owner of the card.
An OTP is usually sent to your registered mobile phone number when you make an online purchase.
Note: It is important that your mobile number is always updated in our records so as to ensure that you get the One-Time Password (OTP) to complete your transactions.
Yes, our secure code service is enabled on all MCB debit cards to ensure maximum security for all your online transactions.
Help us help you:
- Before making an online transaction or sending personal information, make sure you are on the correct website
- We recommend you keep a close eye on your account by using our Juice app or our online banking platform to check card activities. If you notice any suspicious or fraudulent transaction, please notify the bank immediately.
If you wish to change your default account, we invite you to visit one of our branches.
Your transactions may not go through for one of the following reasons.
- The online purchase feature on your card might not have been unlocked.
- Your account balance may be insufficient to complete the transaction.
If your card is linked to multiple accounts, please ensure that your default account is sufficiently funded to complete your transaction.
- There might be a debit restriction on your card or account, please contact your bank to verify that no restrictions are active on the account.
- The bank may be experiencing server/network issues.
However, for online purchases made in foreign currencies, you will be charged a foreign exchange mark-up fee. Check our website for applicable rates & fees.
Care: Your card transactions should be verified on a regular basis and any query addressed to the Card Business Unit within 45 days of the transaction date.